Margaret Grimm's grade I winner Ms. Eloise, whose first four foals won or placed in stakes, died Sept. 12 at Nina Hahn's Lochness Farm near Paris, Ky.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale used to be one of the Thoroughbred marketplace's strongest performers. Two years ago, the auction established a world record for gross revenue and sold more horses than ever before. Last year, it offered the largest catalogue in its history, set a new November standard for average price, and erased all existing Keeneland marks for single session gross and the number of horses sold for seven-figure prices. But those days of glory are over now.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines