Margaret Grimm's grade I winner Ms. Eloise, whose first four foals won or placed in stakes, died Sept. 12 at Nina Hahn's Lochness Farm near Paris, Ky.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale used to be one of the Thoroughbred marketplace's strongest performers. Two years ago, the auction established a world record for gross revenue and sold more horses than ever before. Last year, it offered the largest catalogue in its history, set a new November standard for average price, and erased all existing Keeneland marks for single session gross and the number of horses sold for seven-figure prices. But those days of glory are over now.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew