Margaret Grimm's grade I winner Ms. Eloise, whose first four foals won or placed in stakes, died Sept. 12 at Nina Hahn's Lochness Farm near Paris, Ky.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale used to be one of the Thoroughbred marketplace's strongest performers. Two years ago, the auction established a world record for gross revenue and sold more horses than ever before. Last year, it offered the largest catalogue in its history, set a new November standard for average price, and erased all existing Keeneland marks for single session gross and the number of horses sold for seven-figure prices. But those days of glory are over now.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training