Top filly Kathmanblu started her 2011 campaign with a professional 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes as the 1-2 favorite at Gulfstream Park Jan. 22.
Jason, Evan, and Rich Nilsen of twinspires.com preview the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I). Watch Video
Sharp filly Turbulent Descent, unbeaten in two starts, faces a field that includes grade I winner Tell a Kelly in the $300,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) Dec. 11 at Hollywood Park.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's homebred Tristanme, graded stakes-placed in her last start, leads a field of 10 in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Saratoga on Aug. 14.
Trainer Wesley Ward ran one-two in last year's race and has a pair for this year's running. Also, last year's third-place finisher was Mission Impazible, who runs in Saturday's Kentucky Derby.
Grade I winner Borrego sired his first winner when his daughter Nina Fever won by eight lengths at Keeneland April 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study