Keeneland's September yearling sale posted more across-the-board gains Sept. 17 at its ninth session as four horses brought $200,000 or more, helping the 13-day sale remain ahead of last year on average and median prices.
Top filly Kathmanblu started her 2011 campaign with a professional 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes as the 1-2 favorite at Gulfstream Park Jan. 22.
Jason, Evan, and Rich Nilsen of twinspires.com preview the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I). Watch Video
Sharp filly Turbulent Descent, unbeaten in two starts, faces a field that includes grade I winner Tell a Kelly in the $300,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) Dec. 11 at Hollywood Park.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's homebred Tristanme, graded stakes-placed in her last start, leads a field of 10 in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Saratoga on Aug. 14.
Trainer Wesley Ward ran one-two in last year's race and has a pair for this year's running. Also, last year's third-place finisher was Mission Impazible, who runs in Saturday's Kentucky Derby.
Grade I winner Borrego sired his first winner when his daughter Nina Fever won by eight lengths at Keeneland April 3.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Ballerina Next for La Verdad