Clubhouse Ride, a $22,000 purchase from a 2010 Barretts sale who went on to earn more than $1.3 million, has been retired to stud at Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Old pro Clubhouse Ride slipped through along the inside and outfought odds-on favorite Fury Kapcori in the final furlong to register a gutty repeat win in the $200,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) May 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Clubhouse Ride, freed from Game On Dude for the first time in five months, finally had his day when he captured the $150,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) for his first graded stakes win June 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- Florida Governor Signs Medication Reform Bill
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- Belmont Stakes: American Pharoah Arrives
- Buyers Selective On Day 1 of MM Yearling Sale