Clubhouse Ride, a $22,000 purchase from a 2010 Barretts sale who went on to earn more than $1.3 million, has been retired to stud at Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Old pro Clubhouse Ride slipped through along the inside and outfought odds-on favorite Fury Kapcori in the final furlong to register a gutty repeat win in the $200,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) May 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Clubhouse Ride, freed from Game On Dude for the first time in five months, finally had his day when he captured the $150,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) for his first graded stakes win June 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ