Clubhouse Ride, a $22,000 purchase from a 2010 Barretts sale who went on to earn more than $1.3 million, has been retired to stud at Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Old pro Clubhouse Ride slipped through along the inside and outfought odds-on favorite Fury Kapcori in the final furlong to register a gutty repeat win in the $200,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) May 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Clubhouse Ride, freed from Game On Dude for the first time in five months, finally had his day when he captured the $150,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) for his first graded stakes win June 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired