Multiple graded stakes winner Nates Mineshaft highlights the lineup for this year's $150,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park May 25, making his first appearance for owner Windy Hill Farm in more than 11 months.
Opening day at Keeneland offers one of the last gateways to a spot in the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), and it's a wide open contest.
Guys Reward, stalking three wide into the stretch on a soggy Churchill Downs turf course, drew clear approaching the furlong pole to win the closing night Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) by two lengths July 1.
Windy Hill Farm's Nate Mineshaft got back on the winning track with an easy front-end victory in the $300,000 Lone Star Handicap (gr. III) at Lone Star Park May 28.
The president of Kentucky Downs said a placing judge's error was responsible for an incorrect placing of the horses' finish position in a Sept. 10 race at the Franklin, Ky., track.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George