The Oct. 31 edition of 60 Minutes, which included a feature on undefeated Zenyatta, attracted 10.74 million viewers, according to Nielsen ratings.
NBC, which paid a reported $51.5 million to telecast the Triple Crown for five years and end a 26-year run for ABC, saw a 26% increase in the overnight ratings for Saturday's Kentucky Derby. In figures compiled by the A.C. Nielsen Co., the Derby garnered an 8.3 rating in 51 television markets nationwide and a 20% share. That's up from the 6.6 rating and 17 share the Derby received in 2000 on ABC.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Slow Five-Furlong Move for General a Rod
- Rebel Winner Hoppertunity Works at Churchill
- Ria Antonia, Napravnik Aboard, Breezes
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Changes at Pedigree Consultants, TrueNicks
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation