Nearly 10 million viewers tuned in to see Oxbow win the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 from Pimlico Racecourse near Baltimore, as ratings for the second jewel of the Triple Crown improved markedly over year-ago numbers.
Viewership numbers for the Breeders' Cup Classic nearly doubled from 2011 as NBC got a 2.0 rating for its primetime coverage of the 2012 event, up from a 1.0 rating the Classic received on ESPN a year ago.
The Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 3 from Santa Anita Park managed an overnight rating of 2.2 across 56 metered markets, which equates to approximately 1.7 million households.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement