Nearly 10 million viewers tuned in to see Oxbow win the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 from Pimlico Racecourse near Baltimore, as ratings for the second jewel of the Triple Crown improved markedly over year-ago numbers.
Viewership numbers for the Breeders' Cup Classic nearly doubled from 2011 as NBC got a 2.0 rating for its primetime coverage of the 2012 event, up from a 1.0 rating the Classic received on ESPN a year ago.
The Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 3 from Santa Anita Park managed an overnight rating of 2.2 across 56 metered markets, which equates to approximately 1.7 million households.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000