Nearly 10 million viewers tuned in to see Oxbow win the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 from Pimlico Racecourse near Baltimore, as ratings for the second jewel of the Triple Crown improved markedly over year-ago numbers.
Viewership numbers for the Breeders' Cup Classic nearly doubled from 2011 as NBC got a 2.0 rating for its primetime coverage of the 2012 event, up from a 1.0 rating the Classic received on ESPN a year ago.
The Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 3 from Santa Anita Park managed an overnight rating of 2.2 across 56 metered markets, which equates to approximately 1.7 million households.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Sire de Grugy in Cheltenham 'Feel Good' Story
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer