Nearly 10 million viewers tuned in to see Oxbow win the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 from Pimlico Racecourse near Baltimore, as ratings for the second jewel of the Triple Crown improved markedly over year-ago numbers.
Viewership numbers for the Breeders' Cup Classic nearly doubled from 2011 as NBC got a 2.0 rating for its primetime coverage of the 2012 event, up from a 1.0 rating the Classic received on ESPN a year ago.
The Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 3 from Santa Anita Park managed an overnight rating of 2.2 across 56 metered markets, which equates to approximately 1.7 million households.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season