Nearly 10 million viewers tuned in to see Oxbow win the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 from Pimlico Racecourse near Baltimore, as ratings for the second jewel of the Triple Crown improved markedly over year-ago numbers.
Viewership numbers for the Breeders' Cup Classic nearly doubled from 2011 as NBC got a 2.0 rating for its primetime coverage of the 2012 event, up from a 1.0 rating the Classic received on ESPN a year ago.
The Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 3 from Santa Anita Park managed an overnight rating of 2.2 across 56 metered markets, which equates to approximately 1.7 million households.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night