A Youtube video showing Anna Seitz, managing partner of Hit the Board Stables, cheering home the outfit's Thoroughbred I'm Already Sexy to a victory in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) sums up the joys of racehorse ownership.
Lentenor, a 5-year-old full brother to 2006 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury.
Headley Bell of Mill Ridge Farm and Nicoma Bloodstock believes there are some signs that stud fee reductions are working. Read Blog
Pussycat Doll sold for $2.4 million during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale.
A Deputy Commander colt brought $475,000 Tuesday to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
A no guarantee season to the Mr. Prospector stallion Gulch sold for $35,000 to top Equine Spectrum's online sale of 2002 stallion seasons on Wednesday. The buyer was Headley Bell's Nicoma Bloodstock, which is based in Lexington. Gulch stands for a live foal fee of $50,000 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Topped by a Danzig season sold for $280,000, Equine Spectrum.com bloodstock exchange kicked off its online auctions on a successful note Wednesday. Equine Spectrum, a venture formed by breeding farms and bloodstock agencies, reported 21 of the 24 listed nominations were sold. With more than 80 bidders from North American and Europe participating, the sale grossed $1,321,500 for an average price of $62,928.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine