During the seventh session of Keeneland's Sept. yearling sale, prices were stronger than the corresponding session of 2009
A filly by Dynaformer fetched $900,000 at the second select session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 13. Consigned by Eaton Sales, agent, she was bought by Nicoma, agent for Lael Stable.
Pussycat Doll, a grade I winner three separate years, has been retired from racing because of a foot abscess. Owned by Roy and Gretchen Jackson, she has been bred to Ghostzapper and pronounced in foal.
Gatewood Bell, son of Darley USA President Jimmy Bell, has joined the staff of Nicoma Bloodstock, it was announced Dec. 12.
Nicosia, Alice Chandler's mare of 34 years, was euthanized last week at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
The late John M.S. Finney once compared the science of Thoroughbred breeding with Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. "Where E represents equine investment," Finney said, "M represents money, and C represents confusion--E equals MC squared."
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes