The year 2016 marks the centennial of the publication that proved to be the predecessor of Blood-Horse. Through the year we will publish frequent articles reflecting upon our history and progress.
During the seventh session of Keeneland's Sept. yearling sale, prices were stronger than the corresponding session of 2009
A filly by Dynaformer fetched $900,000 at the second select session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 13. Consigned by Eaton Sales, agent, she was bought by Nicoma, agent for Lael Stable.
Pussycat Doll, a grade I winner three separate years, has been retired from racing because of a foot abscess. Owned by Roy and Gretchen Jackson, she has been bred to Ghostzapper and pronounced in foal.
Gatewood Bell, son of Darley USA President Jimmy Bell, has joined the staff of Nicoma Bloodstock, it was announced Dec. 12.
Nicosia, Alice Chandler's mare of 34 years, was euthanized last week at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
The late John M.S. Finney once compared the science of Thoroughbred breeding with Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. "Where E represents equine investment," Finney said, "M represents money, and C represents confusion--E equals MC squared."
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay