The 2002 Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) heroine Airwave was bought for 550,000 guineas by Coolmore boss John Magnier at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket, England Monday.
The Premier yearling sale in New Zealand has posted very strong numbers for the first two days of the three-day auction, the gross already surpassing the entire sale of 2003.
Bolstered by a $1 million yearling (U.S. $671,510), the first day of the New Zealand Premier yearling sale at Karaka showed healthy increases.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal