The 2002 Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) heroine Airwave was bought for 550,000 guineas by Coolmore boss John Magnier at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket, England Monday.
The Premier yearling sale in New Zealand has posted very strong numbers for the first two days of the three-day auction, the gross already surpassing the entire sale of 2003.
Bolstered by a $1 million yearling (U.S. $671,510), the first day of the New Zealand Premier yearling sale at Karaka showed healthy increases.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm