The 2002 Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) heroine Airwave was bought for 550,000 guineas by Coolmore boss John Magnier at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket, England Monday.
The Premier yearling sale in New Zealand has posted very strong numbers for the first two days of the three-day auction, the gross already surpassing the entire sale of 2003.
Bolstered by a $1 million yearling (U.S. $671,510), the first day of the New Zealand Premier yearling sale at Karaka showed healthy increases.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby