A Galileo full sister to 2012 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Was sold for 5 million guineas ($8,443,575 in United States funds) Oct. 9 at Tattersalls, smashing the world record price for a yearling filly at auction.
Opening day of the Doncaster premier yearling sale Aug. 27 was headlined by a colt from the first crop of Fast Company that sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($326,451 in United States funds).
A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
The record price for a horse at the Arqana breeze-up sale was toppled at Saint-Cloud May 11 when a 2-year-old colt by 2009 European Horse of the Year Sea The Stars sold for 520,000 (US$675,196).
The demand for quality bloodstock was in full force at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, but the middle and lower markets were soft.
A son of High Chaparral was the most expensive horse sold during the third session of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale, bringing €220,000 ($271,313 in U.S. funds).
A son of Sea The Stars topped Part 1 of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale in France by bringing 1.2 million euros ($1,479,740 in U.S. funds) during the second and final session.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach