For the second consecutive year, a French-trained winner of the Geelong Cup (Aus-III) captured Australia's most famous race, the Aus$6 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I).
Peter Abruzzo's Ninebanks, ridden by Ron Warren Jr., battled Nicobar through the stretch of Saturday's $177,500 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) before prevailing by a nose.
Everest Stable's Night Patrol disposed of heavily-favored Congaree at the top of the stretch and prevailed in a furious stretch battle with Kachamandi to capture the $250,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile by a nose Saturday.
Kachamandi took advantage of a solid pace and a perfectly-timed ride by Patrick Valenzuela to score a length victory in the featured Harry F. Brubaker Handicap at Del Mar Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- Reports of Mares Bred Due at The Jockey Club by Aug. 1
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga