The latest in the series of end-of-year awards ceremonies in Britain was held on Monday, December 9, 2002. This time it was the 36th Derby Awards luncheon at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.
World Racing Championships chairman James E "Ted" Bassett III announced Saturday that the series will undertake Phase II that includes the addition of the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup and the Singapore Airlines International Cup to the championships in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.