The latest in the series of end-of-year awards ceremonies in Britain was held on Monday, December 9, 2002. This time it was the 36th Derby Awards luncheon at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.
World Racing Championships chairman James E "Ted" Bassett III announced Saturday that the series will undertake Phase II that includes the addition of the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup and the Singapore Airlines International Cup to the championships in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes