Fasig-Tipton Kentucky saved the best for last at its July horses of racing age session, when the last horse through the ring, Temper Mint Patty, brought the session's top price of $350,000.
Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike takes on seven older rivals in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 13.
With England's Queen Elizabeth II attending for the first time since 1997, front-running Big Red Mike stole the 151st renewal of the Queen's Plate with a gate-to-wire win for jockey Eurico Rosa Da Silva at Woodbine July 4.
Pacesetter Big Red Mike dug in when challenged on his inside by Mobilizer to win the $146,256 Plate Trial Stakes in determined style at Woodbine June 13.
Artie Hot slipped through an opening along the rail to challenge even-money choice True Metropolitan at the eighth pole and gamely prevailed in the $148,281 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine July 27.
The 4-year-old filly My List rallied from far back to defeat even-money favorite Bear Now by three-quarters of a length in the US$156,315 Whimsical Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine April 20, giving trainer Nicholas Gonzalez his third stakes victory of the month.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win