Fasig-Tipton Kentucky saved the best for last at its July horses of racing age session, when the last horse through the ring, Temper Mint Patty, brought the session's top price of $350,000.
Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike takes on seven older rivals in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 13.
With England's Queen Elizabeth II attending for the first time since 1997, front-running Big Red Mike stole the 151st renewal of the Queen's Plate with a gate-to-wire win for jockey Eurico Rosa Da Silva at Woodbine July 4.
Pacesetter Big Red Mike dug in when challenged on his inside by Mobilizer to win the $146,256 Plate Trial Stakes in determined style at Woodbine June 13.
Artie Hot slipped through an opening along the rail to challenge even-money choice True Metropolitan at the eighth pole and gamely prevailed in the $148,281 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine July 27.
The 4-year-old filly My List rallied from far back to defeat even-money favorite Bear Now by three-quarters of a length in the US$156,315 Whimsical Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine April 20, giving trainer Nicholas Gonzalez his third stakes victory of the month.
Most Popular Stories
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- NYRA Bets Now Available in California