Klaus Jacobs, who built Newsells Park Stud into a successful breeding and racing operation in England, has died in Zurich following a lengthy illness.
Italian champion Osorio has been relocated to Newsells Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Happyanunoit, purchased by Newsells Park Stud for $1.4 million at last year's Keeneland November sale, produced her first foal, a Giant's Causeway filly, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland. She will be bred back to Danehill.
Fasig-Tipton's November select mixed sale suffered significant declines in gross revenue and average price Sunday night in Central Kentucky. But not all the news was bad. The median increased, indicating a more healthy middle market. And the buy-back rate, while high, rose hardly at all from 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3