Klaus Jacobs, who built Newsells Park Stud into a successful breeding and racing operation in England, has died in Zurich following a lengthy illness.
Italian champion Osorio has been relocated to Newsells Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Happyanunoit, purchased by Newsells Park Stud for $1.4 million at last year's Keeneland November sale, produced her first foal, a Giant's Causeway filly, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland. She will be bred back to Danehill.
Fasig-Tipton's November select mixed sale suffered significant declines in gross revenue and average price Sunday night in Central Kentucky. But not all the news was bad. The median increased, indicating a more healthy middle market. And the buy-back rate, while high, rose hardly at all from 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes