Klaus Jacobs, who built Newsells Park Stud into a successful breeding and racing operation in England, has died in Zurich following a lengthy illness.
Italian champion Osorio has been relocated to Newsells Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Happyanunoit, purchased by Newsells Park Stud for $1.4 million at last year's Keeneland November sale, produced her first foal, a Giant's Causeway filly, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland. She will be bred back to Danehill.
Fasig-Tipton's November select mixed sale suffered significant declines in gross revenue and average price Sunday night in Central Kentucky. But not all the news was bad. The median increased, indicating a more healthy middle market. And the buy-back rate, while high, rose hardly at all from 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY