Klaus Jacobs, who built Newsells Park Stud into a successful breeding and racing operation in England, has died in Zurich following a lengthy illness.
Italian champion Osorio has been relocated to Newsells Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Happyanunoit, purchased by Newsells Park Stud for $1.4 million at last year's Keeneland November sale, produced her first foal, a Giant's Causeway filly, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland. She will be bred back to Danehill.
Fasig-Tipton's November select mixed sale suffered significant declines in gross revenue and average price Sunday night in Central Kentucky. But not all the news was bad. The median increased, indicating a more healthy middle market. And the buy-back rate, while high, rose hardly at all from 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions