Klaus Jacobs, who built Newsells Park Stud into a successful breeding and racing operation in England, has died in Zurich following a lengthy illness.
Italian champion Osorio has been relocated to Newsells Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Happyanunoit, purchased by Newsells Park Stud for $1.4 million at last year's Keeneland November sale, produced her first foal, a Giant's Causeway filly, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland. She will be bred back to Danehill.
Fasig-Tipton's November select mixed sale suffered significant declines in gross revenue and average price Sunday night in Central Kentucky. But not all the news was bad. The median increased, indicating a more healthy middle market. And the buy-back rate, while high, rose hardly at all from 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown