A deal struck between TVG and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority extends the network's previous agreement for rights to signals from Monmouth Park and Meadowlands, but allows the NJSEA to separately negotiate with entities affiliated with TrackNet Media Group.
In a deal announced April 9, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., part owner of TV Games Network parent Gemstar-TV Guide, would acquire General Motors' stake in Hughes Electronics and another piece of Hughes from public shareholders.
The TV Games Network's parent company reported a 13.5% increase in net loss for the third quarter ending Sept. 30. The increase in losses was attributed to charges related to the merger between Gemstar and TV Guide in July 2000 and to higher operating expenses.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- NYRA's On-Track Handle Rises in 2014
- Stellar Wind Striking for Curlin
- Grade I Winner La Tia Retired
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27