A deal struck between TVG and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority extends the network's previous agreement for rights to signals from Monmouth Park and Meadowlands, but allows the NJSEA to separately negotiate with entities affiliated with TrackNet Media Group.
In a deal announced April 9, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., part owner of TV Games Network parent Gemstar-TV Guide, would acquire General Motors' stake in Hughes Electronics and another piece of Hughes from public shareholders.
The TV Games Network's parent company reported a 13.5% increase in net loss for the third quarter ending Sept. 30. The increase in losses was attributed to charges related to the merger between Gemstar and TV Guide in July 2000 and to higher operating expenses.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- MJC Reports Increased Average Daily Handle