A deal struck between TVG and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority extends the network's previous agreement for rights to signals from Monmouth Park and Meadowlands, but allows the NJSEA to separately negotiate with entities affiliated with TrackNet Media Group.
In a deal announced April 9, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., part owner of TV Games Network parent Gemstar-TV Guide, would acquire General Motors' stake in Hughes Electronics and another piece of Hughes from public shareholders.
The TV Games Network's parent company reported a 13.5% increase in net loss for the third quarter ending Sept. 30. The increase in losses was attributed to charges related to the merger between Gemstar and TV Guide in July 2000 and to higher operating expenses.
Most Popular Stories
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala
- Wallyanna Back for More in Saranac
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call