The International Racing Bureau, which is headquartered in Newmarket, England, and has worked for many years in helping coordinate and manage overseas runners at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, has a new owner.
Veteran bloodstock agent Richard Galpin of Newmarket International is on life support at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in South Florida after becoming ill while in the Miami area for Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Number of horses sold, gross, average, and median fall Wednesday at Keeneland.
Wide Range, a 4-year-old daughter of Spectrum, brought the top price of 105,000 euros ($104,171) at the Goffs Ireland inaugural international select sale of horses in training on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September