The International Racing Bureau, which is headquartered in Newmarket, England, and has worked for many years in helping coordinate and manage overseas runners at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, has a new owner.
Veteran bloodstock agent Richard Galpin of Newmarket International is on life support at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in South Florida after becoming ill while in the Miami area for Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Number of horses sold, gross, average, and median fall Wednesday at Keeneland.
Wide Range, a 4-year-old daughter of Spectrum, brought the top price of 105,000 euros ($104,171) at the Goffs Ireland inaugural international select sale of horses in training on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts