Newmarket, England-based Tattersalls sales company saw a 163,098,250 guineas annual turnover in 2003, beating last year's record by 21%, after the most-successful ever December Sale finished Thursday night.
Ramruma, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), Irish Oaks (Ire-I) and Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) in 1999, became the most-expensive broodmare sold in a European auction ring Tuesday when bought for 2.1 million guineas (about US$3,813,327) by Coolmore supremo John Magnier at the Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
The final phase of the dispersal from the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud, which will include European champion and dual classic winner Ramruma, is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale.
Tattersalls' returned a second-best annual turnover of 134,682,000 guineas as the December Sales reached its conclusion in Newmarket on Thursday night. A total of 3,842 head were sold during 2002 at an average price of 35,055 guineas.
The major breeding stock reduction of the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud brought 4,213,000 guineas for 16 head sold at Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sales.
Nineteen broodmares and fillies formerly owned by the late Prince Fahd Salman will be offered at the Tattersalls December sale in England.
Prince Faisal Salman, the younger brother of Prince Ahmed Salman, will assume his brother's role as head of The Thoroughbred Corporation.
Dane Friendly earned his first career win, drawing off to a three-length win in the Premio Ribot (Ity-II) Sunday in Rome at the Campannelle. Over heavy turf, Dane Friendly completed the one-mile in 1:44.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending