Hal Handel, executive vice president and chief operating officer for the New York Racing Association, will leave the post at the end of this year's Saratoga meet, NYRA announced June 29.
Through the fifth week of the Saratoga meet, attendance is up 6% from last year, on-track handle is up 7.5%, and total handle is up 6.1%, according to figures released by the New York Racing Association.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium received $100,000 contributions from the New York Racing Association and the United States Trotting Association, and $50,000 contributions from the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Hambletonian Society, the organization announced July 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points