Hal Handel, executive vice president and chief operating officer for the New York Racing Association, will leave the post at the end of this year's Saratoga meet, NYRA announced June 29.
Through the fifth week of the Saratoga meet, attendance is up 6% from last year, on-track handle is up 7.5%, and total handle is up 6.1%, according to figures released by the New York Racing Association.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium received $100,000 contributions from the New York Racing Association and the United States Trotting Association, and $50,000 contributions from the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Hambletonian Society, the organization announced July 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks