Hal Handel, executive vice president and chief operating officer for the New York Racing Association, will leave the post at the end of this year's Saratoga meet, NYRA announced June 29.
Through the fifth week of the Saratoga meet, attendance is up 6% from last year, on-track handle is up 7.5%, and total handle is up 6.1%, according to figures released by the New York Racing Association.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium received $100,000 contributions from the New York Racing Association and the United States Trotting Association, and $50,000 contributions from the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the Hambletonian Society, the organization announced July 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby