When Harlan's Holiday won last year's Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) in a time of 1:51.51, it was the slowest winning time in the 1 1/8-mile race since Granacus (1:52) beat Intensive Command by three lengths in 1988. On Saturday, Peace Rules creeped home slower than Harlan's Holiday, finishing the key Kentucky Derby prep race in 1:51.73 on the fast track.
Edmund Gann's Peace Rules, a late entrant to Sunday's $750,000 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds, spoiled the supposed showdown between Kafwain and Badge of Silver with a convincing victory in his first stakes race on dirt.
Edmund A. Gann's Peace Rules, with Victor Espinoza aboard, scored an easy front-running victory in Hollywood Park's Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds at a mile on the turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull