Trainer Doug O'Neill discusses throwing out the first pitch at a New York Yankees-Baltimore Orioles baseball game May 15, 2012. watch video
New York Yankees' owner George Steinbrenner, a major breeder/owner, died the morning of July 13 in Tampa following a heart attack.
- By Tom Precious
The reported departure of Steve Swindal from the New York Yankees--and his ties to the Steinbrenner family as well--has thrown into doubt the future of Excelsior Racing Associates, the group trying to take over New York's Thoroughbred racetrack franchise. Excelsior Racing, however, said Swindal remains an "integral part" of the team.
- By Tom LaMarra
Principals in the ownership of and construction of a new stadium for the New York Yankees are similarly committed to strengthening the Thoroughbred racing and breeding industry in New York via the Excelsior Group, Yankees partner Steve Swindal said.
Jockey Richard Migliore will receive the Thurman Munson Award from the Association for the Help of Retarded Children at the 23rd annual Thurman Munson Awards Dinner on Feb. 4 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares