Trainer Doug O'Neill discusses throwing out the first pitch at a New York Yankees-Baltimore Orioles baseball game May 15, 2012. watch video
New York Yankees' owner George Steinbrenner, a major breeder/owner, died the morning of July 13 in Tampa following a heart attack.
The reported departure of Steve Swindal from the New York Yankees--and his ties to the Steinbrenner family as well--has thrown into doubt the future of Excelsior Racing Associates, the group trying to take over New York's Thoroughbred racetrack franchise. Excelsior Racing, however, said Swindal remains an "integral part" of the team.
Principals in the ownership of and construction of a new stadium for the New York Yankees are similarly committed to strengthening the Thoroughbred racing and breeding industry in New York via the Excelsior Group, Yankees partner Steve Swindal said.
Jockey Richard Migliore will receive the Thurman Munson Award from the Association for the Help of Retarded Children at the 23rd annual Thurman Munson Awards Dinner on Feb. 4 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume