Trainer Doug O'Neill discusses throwing out the first pitch at a New York Yankees-Baltimore Orioles baseball game May 15, 2012. watch video
New York Yankees' owner George Steinbrenner, a major breeder/owner, died the morning of July 13 in Tampa following a heart attack.
- By Tom Precious
The reported departure of Steve Swindal from the New York Yankees--and his ties to the Steinbrenner family as well--has thrown into doubt the future of Excelsior Racing Associates, the group trying to take over New York's Thoroughbred racetrack franchise. Excelsior Racing, however, said Swindal remains an "integral part" of the team.
- By Tom LaMarra
Principals in the ownership of and construction of a new stadium for the New York Yankees are similarly committed to strengthening the Thoroughbred racing and breeding industry in New York via the Excelsior Group, Yankees partner Steve Swindal said.
Jockey Richard Migliore will receive the Thurman Munson Award from the Association for the Help of Retarded Children at the 23rd annual Thurman Munson Awards Dinner on Feb. 4 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby