Tres Touche took the lead right at the start of the New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Thursday at Saratoga and never relinquished it in winning the 2 3/8-miles chase by a length over Cherokeeinthehills. Odds-on favorite and defending winner Praise the Prince finished fifth.
Joe Hirsch, 74, Daily Racing Form award-winning executive columnist who is recognized as the most accomplished turf writer in the history of Thoroughbred racing, will end his legendary 55-year career when he pens his final DRF column on Nov. 29.
The New York Turf Writers Association is readying for its annual awards dinner, held this year on Aug. 19. Among this yera's honorees are Ogden Phipps.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate