Thoroughbred trainers, owners, and breeders are scrambling to determine the future of racing at Finger Lakes after lawmakers ended their 2016 session without resolving how racing will be able to compete in the face of a new commercial casino.
Six new members will join the board of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders following the organization's annual board election Dec. 15.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. has announced enhancements and purse increases for New York-bred stakes races to be run at the three New York Racing Association racetracks and at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack.
Barry Ostrager was re-elected as president of New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. during an organizational meeting Jan. 26 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
- By Mike Kane
Longtime New York trainer Dennis Brida has been hired as the executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment