Thoroughbred trainers, owners, and breeders are scrambling to determine the future of racing at Finger Lakes after lawmakers ended their 2016 session without resolving how racing will be able to compete in the face of a new commercial casino.
Six new members will join the board of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders following the organization's annual board election Dec. 15.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. has announced enhancements and purse increases for New York-bred stakes races to be run at the three New York Racing Association racetracks and at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack.
Barry Ostrager was re-elected as president of New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. during an organizational meeting Jan. 26 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
- By Mike Kane
Longtime New York trainer Dennis Brida has been hired as the executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates