Thoroughbred trainers, owners, and breeders are scrambling to determine the future of racing at Finger Lakes after lawmakers ended their 2016 session without resolving how racing will be able to compete in the face of a new commercial casino.
Six new members will join the board of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders following the organization's annual board election Dec. 15.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. has announced enhancements and purse increases for New York-bred stakes races to be run at the three New York Racing Association racetracks and at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack.
Barry Ostrager was re-elected as president of New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. during an organizational meeting Jan. 26 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
- By Mike Kane
Longtime New York trainer Dennis Brida has been hired as the executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online