So Sweet a Cat, ridden by leading jockey John Velazquez, disposed of pacesetter South Wing with a furlong to go and drew away to a one-sided victory in the $250,000 Statue of Liberty Division of the New York Stallions Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course Thursday.
Top Account will stand the 2003 season at Michael and Debra Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund establishes new deadlines regarding stallion applications...Auction and fundraiser to benefit Betsy Wells scheduled for April 28...2002 Class of Hall of Fame inductees to be named April 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder in Hirsch
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win