So Sweet a Cat, ridden by leading jockey John Velazquez, disposed of pacesetter South Wing with a furlong to go and drew away to a one-sided victory in the $250,000 Statue of Liberty Division of the New York Stallions Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course Thursday.
Top Account will stand the 2003 season at Michael and Debra Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund establishes new deadlines regarding stallion applications...Auction and fundraiser to benefit Betsy Wells scheduled for April 28...2002 Class of Hall of Fame inductees to be named April 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness