Three casinos would be permitted in New York's Catskills tourist region under a constitutional amendment introduced in the Legislature for consideration next year.
A plan by Republicans in the New York Senate would pump an additional $7 million into the state's Thoroughbred breeding fund.
New York Senator Joseph Bruno backed away from his plan to scrap the Senate Racing, Gaming, and Wagering Committee, according to his spokesman. There was no reason given for Bruno's change of heart.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September