Senate bill proposes a 15-member board with a mix of private and public representatives.
The New York State Senate budget resolution for fiscal 2016-17 includes a few recommendations for protecting revenue for the horse racing industry given impending competition from full-scale casinos.
Three casinos would be permitted in New York's Catskills tourist region under a constitutional amendment introduced in the Legislature for consideration next year.
A plan by Republicans in the New York Senate would pump an additional $7 million into the state's Thoroughbred breeding fund.
New York Senator Joseph Bruno backed away from his plan to scrap the Senate Racing, Gaming, and Wagering Committee, according to his spokesman. There was no reason given for Bruno's change of heart.
Most Popular Stories
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby