Three casinos would be permitted in New York's Catskills tourist region under a constitutional amendment introduced in the Legislature for consideration next year.
A plan by Republicans in the New York Senate would pump an additional $7 million into the state's Thoroughbred breeding fund.
New York Senator Joseph Bruno backed away from his plan to scrap the Senate Racing, Gaming, and Wagering Committee, according to his spokesman. There was no reason given for Bruno's change of heart.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity