Jan Rushton, the New York Racing Association's paddock analyst and popular television host, has resigned her position in order to tend to her family in South Carolina.
Dan Silver has been named director of communications and media relations, the New York Racing Association announced April 30.
Neema Ghazi has been promoted to director of marketing for the New York Racing Association.
New York state officials told three Thoroughbred franchise bidding groups they want to let the New York Racing Association continue running the state's major racetracks and begin a new bidding process for rights to operate casinos at Aqueduct and Belmont Park.
John Lee was named director of communications and media relations for the New York Racing Association May 10.
State regulators have ordered the New York Racing Association to stop taking any Internet wagers from Connecticut residents, an embarrassing blow to NYRA on the first day of its new Internet wagering program.
The New York Racing Association keeps bleeding funds, according to the racing group's latest disclosure to a federal bankruptcy judge overseeing its reorganization.
Two new groups, including a mystery entity, have joined the process to try to win the state Thoroughbred racetrack franchise now held by the New York Racing Association.
Fans at Aqueduct for opening day Wednesday of the Big A's 44-day fall meeting will notice that New York City's track is undergoing changes. But while these changes are being made, the racing will continue, capped by HolidayFest (Nov. 27-30) and the $350,000 Cigar Mile (gr. I) on Nov. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume