Richard L. Hamilton, a former steward and longtime racing official for the New York Racing Association, died April 18 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., after suffering a heart attack. He was 76.
The Jockey Club announced March 5 that more than a dozen racetracks have committed to publishing their statistics from the Equine Injury Database through a new website set up by the breed registry.
Registration for the Fasig-Tipton 5K race (3.1 miles) and one-mile "fun run," which will be held Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is live online at the sale company's web site: www.fasigtipton.com.
The New York Racing Association has submitted a request to the New York State Racing and Wagering Board to be dark on Wednesday September 11 and run instead on Monday Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf