Richard L. Hamilton, a former steward and longtime racing official for the New York Racing Association, died April 18 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., after suffering a heart attack. He was 76.
The Jockey Club announced March 5 that more than a dozen racetracks have committed to publishing their statistics from the Equine Injury Database through a new website set up by the breed registry.
Registration for the Fasig-Tipton 5K race (3.1 miles) and one-mile "fun run," which will be held Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is live online at the sale company's web site: www.fasigtipton.com.
The New York Racing Association has submitted a request to the New York State Racing and Wagering Board to be dark on Wednesday September 11 and run instead on Monday Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure