Richard L. Hamilton, a former steward and longtime racing official for the New York Racing Association, died April 18 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., after suffering a heart attack. He was 76.
The Jockey Club announced March 5 that more than a dozen racetracks have committed to publishing their statistics from the Equine Injury Database through a new website set up by the breed registry.
Registration for the Fasig-Tipton 5K race (3.1 miles) and one-mile "fun run," which will be held Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is live online at the sale company's web site: www.fasigtipton.com.
The New York Racing Association has submitted a request to the New York State Racing and Wagering Board to be dark on Wednesday September 11 and run instead on Monday Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa