Richard L. Hamilton, a former steward and longtime racing official for the New York Racing Association, died April 18 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., after suffering a heart attack. He was 76.
The Jockey Club announced March 5 that more than a dozen racetracks have committed to publishing their statistics from the Equine Injury Database through a new website set up by the breed registry.
Registration for the Fasig-Tipton 5K race (3.1 miles) and one-mile "fun run," which will be held Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is live online at the sale company's web site: www.fasigtipton.com.
The New York Racing Association has submitted a request to the New York State Racing and Wagering Board to be dark on Wednesday September 11 and run instead on Monday Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31