Dr. Judson L. Butler, 75, an equine veterinarian and co-founder of New York Horse Rescue, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries he sustained when he was hit by a loose horse at Belmont Park in July.
Thoroughbred Charities of America's board of directors has announced the approval of $1.1-million in grants to 52 organizations.
Golden Tent made his 118th -- and final -- start at Philadelphia Park in the fourth race Monday, and now heads into retirement at the Manorville, N.Y. farm of the New York Horse Rescue, having earned better than $730,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park