Dr. Judson L. Butler, 75, an equine veterinarian and co-founder of New York Horse Rescue, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries he sustained when he was hit by a loose horse at Belmont Park in July.
Thoroughbred Charities of America's board of directors has announced the approval of $1.1-million in grants to 52 organizations.
Golden Tent made his 118th -- and final -- start at Philadelphia Park in the fourth race Monday, and now heads into retirement at the Manorville, N.Y. farm of the New York Horse Rescue, having earned better than $730,000.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- That Handicapping Show: Pennsylvania Derby