Dr. Judson L. Butler, 75, an equine veterinarian and co-founder of New York Horse Rescue, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries he sustained when he was hit by a loose horse at Belmont Park in July.
Thoroughbred Charities of America's board of directors has announced the approval of $1.1-million in grants to 52 organizations.
Golden Tent made his 118th -- and final -- start at Philadelphia Park in the fourth race Monday, and now heads into retirement at the Manorville, N.Y. farm of the New York Horse Rescue, having earned better than $730,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet