Dr. Judson L. Butler, 75, an equine veterinarian and co-founder of New York Horse Rescue, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries he sustained when he was hit by a loose horse at Belmont Park in July.
Thoroughbred Charities of America's board of directors has announced the approval of $1.1-million in grants to 52 organizations.
Golden Tent made his 118th -- and final -- start at Philadelphia Park in the fourth race Monday, and now heads into retirement at the Manorville, N.Y. farm of the New York Horse Rescue, having earned better than $730,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win