Dr. Judson L. Butler, 75, an equine veterinarian and co-founder of New York Horse Rescue, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries he sustained when he was hit by a loose horse at Belmont Park in July.
Thoroughbred Charities of America's board of directors has announced the approval of $1.1-million in grants to 52 organizations.
Golden Tent made his 118th -- and final -- start at Philadelphia Park in the fourth race Monday, and now heads into retirement at the Manorville, N.Y. farm of the New York Horse Rescue, having earned better than $730,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product