The deadline for bids for the franchise now held by the New York Racing Association has been bumped backed slightly due to the illness of the top staff member overseeing the process.
Thoroughbred owner Jack Knowlton is among six appointments to a newly-created Committee on the Future of Racing announced by New York Republican Gov. George Pataki and state Senate majority leader Joseph L. Bruno on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August