The deadline for bids for the franchise now held by the New York Racing Association has been bumped backed slightly due to the illness of the top staff member overseeing the process.
Thoroughbred owner Jack Knowlton is among six appointments to a newly-created Committee on the Future of Racing announced by New York Republican Gov. George Pataki and state Senate majority leader Joseph L. Bruno on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension