A pilot program in New York is said to have the potential to increase the profitability and number of horse-related businesses in Saratoga County, where the horse industry's impact is valued at more than $317 million.
The New York Farm Viability Institute (NYFVI) awarded $80,000 to Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Saratoga County for a pilot project that could evolve into a statewide or national resource for the horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont