A pilot program in New York is said to have the potential to increase the profitability and number of horse-related businesses in Saratoga County, where the horse industry's impact is valued at more than $317 million.
The New York Farm Viability Institute (NYFVI) awarded $80,000 to Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Saratoga County for a pilot project that could evolve into a statewide or national resource for the horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal