A pilot program in New York is said to have the potential to increase the profitability and number of horse-related businesses in Saratoga County, where the horse industry's impact is valued at more than $317 million.
The New York Farm Viability Institute (NYFVI) awarded $80,000 to Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Saratoga County for a pilot project that could evolve into a statewide or national resource for the horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely