Interests representing racing, real estate, and casino industries opened their wallets wide open to pay for lobbyists and campaign donations during a final frenzy when New York officials approved casino expansion plans.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo is playing a new game of hardball with racetrack-based casinos in New York by sending them a simple message: get on board with his plan or face additional competition from facilities located nearby.
Unveiling further details on his casino expansion plans, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo proposed the first three facilities be located in upstate regions and that successful developers pay an upfront $50 million franchise fee.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice