Interests representing racing, real estate, and casino industries opened their wallets wide open to pay for lobbyists and campaign donations during a final frenzy when New York officials approved casino expansion plans.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo is playing a new game of hardball with racetrack-based casinos in New York by sending them a simple message: get on board with his plan or face additional competition from facilities located nearby.
Unveiling further details on his casino expansion plans, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo proposed the first three facilities be located in upstate regions and that successful developers pay an upfront $50 million franchise fee.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Chasing Landaluce