The New York Breeders' Sales Co. has cataloged 400 mares and weanlings, along with 16 stallion seasons, for its fall breeding stock sale. The auction will be held Oct. 12 at Saratoga in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Numbers fell at the second annual New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s Saratoga fall mixed sale, held Oct. 16 at Saratoga Race Course. The 9-year-old stakes winning mare Long Distance topped the one-day sale.
Gatsas Stable's Gander was named New York-bred horse of the year at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' banquet held Tuesday evening at the Desmond Hotel in Albany.
Gander also was named champion older male for breeder Angela Rugnetta.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton