The New York Breeders' Sales Co. has cataloged 400 mares and weanlings, along with 16 stallion seasons, for its fall breeding stock sale. The auction will be held Oct. 12 at Saratoga in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Numbers fell at the second annual New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s Saratoga fall mixed sale, held Oct. 16 at Saratoga Race Course. The 9-year-old stakes winning mare Long Distance topped the one-day sale.
Gatsas Stable's Gander was named New York-bred horse of the year at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' banquet held Tuesday evening at the Desmond Hotel in Albany.
Gander also was named champion older male for breeder Angela Rugnetta.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit