Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 299 selected yearlings for its New York Bred yearling sale scheduled Saturday and Sunday, August 10-11. Sessions will begin at 7 p.m. in the Humphrey S. Finney Sale Pavilion.
Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ends two-night run on a powerful upswing for a second straight year, with a strong closing session Aug. 12 and 20 horses sold for $100,000 or more--including a $330,000 sale topper.
Buyer Jim Crupi of Crupi's New Castle Farm talks about changes at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale and his purchases Aug. 11.
Jonathan Thorn talks about a $220,000 Majestic Warrior colt Thorndale sold for owner Seth Gregory. The colt was the top selling yearling Aug. 11 at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred sale.
Opening night for the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale saw increases in revenue but also in the buy-back rate compared to last year, as a $220,000 yearling topped session one Aug. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby