Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 299 selected yearlings for its New York Bred yearling sale scheduled Saturday and Sunday, August 10-11. Sessions will begin at 7 p.m. in the Humphrey S. Finney Sale Pavilion.
Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ends two-night run on a powerful upswing for a second straight year, with a strong closing session Aug. 12 and 20 horses sold for $100,000 or more--including a $330,000 sale topper.
Buyer Jim Crupi of Crupi's New Castle Farm talks about changes at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale and his purchases Aug. 11.
Jonathan Thorn talks about a $220,000 Majestic Warrior colt Thorndale sold for owner Seth Gregory. The colt was the top selling yearling Aug. 11 at the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred sale.
Opening night for the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale saw increases in revenue but also in the buy-back rate compared to last year, as a $220,000 yearling topped session one Aug. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother