Those who took the New York Assembly Racing Committee up on an offer to speak Nov. 18 had little to say about NYRA's future governance. Instead, winter racing at Aqueduct, and health and safety issues, were the focus.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
- By Tom Precious
A legislator has proposed that New York law should be tightened to create a felony that specifically outlaws tampering with pari-mutuel bets and wagering systems. The bill, sponsored by Assembly racing committee chairman Alexander Gromack of Rockland County, comes in the aftermath of the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting probe.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag