Those who took the New York Assembly Racing Committee up on an offer to speak Nov. 18 had little to say about NYRA's future governance. Instead, winter racing at Aqueduct, and health and safety issues, were the focus.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
- By Tom Precious
A legislator has proposed that New York law should be tightened to create a felony that specifically outlaws tampering with pari-mutuel bets and wagering systems. The bill, sponsored by Assembly racing committee chairman Alexander Gromack of Rockland County, comes in the aftermath of the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting probe.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- First Winners for Crossbow, Gattopardo
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- 'Bart' Wins Australia's First GI of Season
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017