Those who took the New York Assembly Racing Committee up on an offer to speak Nov. 18 had little to say about NYRA's future governance. Instead, winter racing at Aqueduct, and health and safety issues, were the focus.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
- By Tom Precious
A legislator has proposed that New York law should be tightened to create a felony that specifically outlaws tampering with pari-mutuel bets and wagering systems. The bill, sponsored by Assembly racing committee chairman Alexander Gromack of Rockland County, comes in the aftermath of the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting probe.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires