Those who took the New York Assembly Racing Committee up on an offer to speak Nov. 18 had little to say about NYRA's future governance. Instead, winter racing at Aqueduct, and health and safety issues, were the focus.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
- By Tom Precious
A legislator has proposed that New York law should be tightened to create a felony that specifically outlaws tampering with pari-mutuel bets and wagering systems. The bill, sponsored by Assembly racing committee chairman Alexander Gromack of Rockland County, comes in the aftermath of the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting probe.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal