Besides giving thanks, eating turkey, and shopping this weekend, Churchill Downs hopes race fans find some time to think about next year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Evan Hammonds takes us through the highlights of Breeders' Cup weekend. Review the Juvenile races, the Distaff and Classic as well as several other gems. watch video
A winner of six of seven starts this year with his Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) victory Nov. 2, Wise Dan deserves repeat Horse of the Year honors, his trainer Charlie LoPresti said the morning after the race.
View the images of an exciting Saturday race card from day 2 of the Breeders' Cup. view slideshow
Comments from the connections of New Year's Day, winner of the 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile. Watch Video
Gary and Mary West's New Year's Day rallied up the rail to get past favorite Havana and win the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park. The winner is trained by Bob Baffert.
Kaleem Shah's Fed Biz worked four furlongs in a quick :46 3/5 to lead a bevy of Breeders' Cup World Championships contenders who were on the track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 27.
At age 6, Nicole H will try to become the first mare to post three consecutive victories in the $75,000 Interborough Handicap. She faces seven others in the six-furlong event at Aqueduct Racetrack on New Year's Day.
Aqueduct rings in the new year with a battle of the Martin boys -- 25-year-old Carlos and his 27-year-old uncle, Greg -- in the $75,000 Interborough Handicap, a six-furlong New Year's Day fixture for fillies and mares 3 and up.
Most Popular Stories
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat