The rapidly improving Hungry Island, who gave a good showing in her grade I debut last out, is one of several top contenders in a well-matched field of 12 for the $175,000 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) Nov. 12 at Churchill.
Favored Inglorious came from off the pace for a patient Luis Contreras and overtook pacesetter Spooky Kitten in the final yards to capture the $511,509 Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser at the Canadian track June 5.
Winter Memories, who has been off since finishing second in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT), made a smashing season debut April 21, running down Dos Lunas late to win the Appalachian Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Winter Memories will make her much anticipated 2011 debut when she faces 11 rivals in the $100,000 Appalachian Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies going a mile on the turf April 20 at Keeneland.
With the Breeders' Cup entries now drawn, here a few longshots to look at. Read Blog
New Normal punched her ticket to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) in November with a wire-to-wire score in the $195,084 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again