A memorial service for Rita J. Danley, a longtime member of New Mexico's Thoroughbred community, will held Aug. 21 at in the winner's circle at Ruidoso Downs.
EquiLottery, a new game that would link state lotteries and pari-mutuel racing pools, will be introduced to the New Mexico Racing Commission at its Aug. 21 meeting.
The New Mexico Racing Commission unanimously approved a new regulation during a Feb. 12 meeting banning anabolic steroids and stating they are now considered a Class III drug. The penalties for trainers who violate the rule may include a six-month suspension, a fine of $1,500, and loss of purse.
The New Mexico Horsemen's Association has been accepted as an affiliate of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap