A memorial service for Rita J. Danley, a longtime member of New Mexico's Thoroughbred community, will held Aug. 21 at in the winner's circle at Ruidoso Downs.
EquiLottery, a new game that would link state lotteries and pari-mutuel racing pools, will be introduced to the New Mexico Racing Commission at its Aug. 21 meeting.
The New Mexico Racing Commission unanimously approved a new regulation during a Feb. 12 meeting banning anabolic steroids and stating they are now considered a Class III drug. The penalties for trainers who violate the rule may include a six-month suspension, a fine of $1,500, and loss of purse.
The New Mexico Horsemen's Association has been accepted as an affiliate of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion