A memorial service for Rita J. Danley, a longtime member of New Mexico's Thoroughbred community, will held Aug. 21 at in the winner's circle at Ruidoso Downs.
EquiLottery, a new game that would link state lotteries and pari-mutuel racing pools, will be introduced to the New Mexico Racing Commission at its Aug. 21 meeting.
The New Mexico Racing Commission unanimously approved a new regulation during a Feb. 12 meeting banning anabolic steroids and stating they are now considered a Class III drug. The penalties for trainers who violate the rule may include a six-month suspension, a fine of $1,500, and loss of purse.
The New Mexico Horsemen's Association has been accepted as an affiliate of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis