A memorial service for Rita J. Danley, a longtime member of New Mexico's Thoroughbred community, will held Aug. 21 at in the winner's circle at Ruidoso Downs.
EquiLottery, a new game that would link state lotteries and pari-mutuel racing pools, will be introduced to the New Mexico Racing Commission at its Aug. 21 meeting.
The New Mexico Racing Commission unanimously approved a new regulation during a Feb. 12 meeting banning anabolic steroids and stating they are now considered a Class III drug. The penalties for trainers who violate the rule may include a six-month suspension, a fine of $1,500, and loss of purse.
The New Mexico Horsemen's Association has been accepted as an affiliate of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014