The New Mexico Gaming Control Board has revoked a gaming license for a planned racetrack casino in Raton near the Colorado border.
The New Mexico State Racing Commission voted 3-to-1 to award Ruidoso Downs owner R.D. Hubbard and his partnership a license to build and operate a new track and casino near Hobbs. Hubbard is the majority owner in the Zia Park partnership that also includes Ruidoso Downs president Bruce Rimbo, Ed Allred, the owner of the Los Alamitos racetrack in California and Paul Blanchard, the president of the Downs at Albuquerque.
The New Mexico Racing Commission will take no action on licensing a racetrack in Hobbs until early next year. The delay comes after Gov. Gary Johnson removed three members of the five-member commission in November.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego