The New Mexico Gaming Control Board has revoked a gaming license for a planned racetrack casino in Raton near the Colorado border.
The New Mexico State Racing Commission voted 3-to-1 to award Ruidoso Downs owner R.D. Hubbard and his partnership a license to build and operate a new track and casino near Hobbs. Hubbard is the majority owner in the Zia Park partnership that also includes Ruidoso Downs president Bruce Rimbo, Ed Allred, the owner of the Los Alamitos racetrack in California and Paul Blanchard, the president of the Downs at Albuquerque.
The New Mexico Racing Commission will take no action on licensing a racetrack in Hobbs until early next year. The delay comes after Gov. Gary Johnson removed three members of the five-member commission in November.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn