The Organization of Racing Investigators will hold its 2015 training conference March 1-4 at New Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J.
The 2015 Thoroughbred racing season in New Jersey will again begin at Atlantic City Race Course, according to schedules approved Nov. 20 by the New Jersey Racing Commission.
Though New Jersey Thoroughbred racing has a long way to go from a financial perspective, some racetrack operators and horsemen's representatives appear bullish on the future.
Three New Jersey racetracks will receive the largest share of almost $1 million accrued in the Casino Simulcasting Special Fund in 2012.
Thoroughbred racing dates in New Jersey in 2014 will resemble those awarded for this year, with one shift in the schedule: Monmouth will race 57 days and shift four to New Meadowlands to make for a 14-night all-turf meet.
Upgrading the on-site customer experience, be it for live horse racing or full-card simulcasts, is critical to the growth of the business, panelists said Oct. 7 on the first day of the International Simulcast Conference.
The 2013 Thoroughbred racing season in New Jersey begins April 25 with the first of six days of all-turf racing at Atlantic City Race Course, which officials said has been upgraded a bit in response to requests from patrons.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer