The Organization of Racing Investigators will hold its 2015 training conference March 1-4 at New Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J.
The 2015 Thoroughbred racing season in New Jersey will again begin at Atlantic City Race Course, according to schedules approved Nov. 20 by the New Jersey Racing Commission.
Though New Jersey Thoroughbred racing has a long way to go from a financial perspective, some racetrack operators and horsemen's representatives appear bullish on the future.
Three New Jersey racetracks will receive the largest share of almost $1 million accrued in the Casino Simulcasting Special Fund in 2012.
Thoroughbred racing dates in New Jersey in 2014 will resemble those awarded for this year, with one shift in the schedule: Monmouth will race 57 days and shift four to New Meadowlands to make for a 14-night all-turf meet.
Upgrading the on-site customer experience, be it for live horse racing or full-card simulcasts, is critical to the growth of the business, panelists said Oct. 7 on the first day of the International Simulcast Conference.
The 2013 Thoroughbred racing season in New Jersey begins April 25 with the first of six days of all-turf racing at Atlantic City Race Course, which officials said has been upgraded a bit in response to requests from patrons.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Laurel Adds New High-Definition Infield Board