Declan McDonogh drove Maarek between horses and nailed Catcall on the wire to win the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
Battle of Hastings ended a 10-race drought when he found clear sailing on the outside through the stretch to win the $111,200 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a firm Churchill Downs turf course Nov. 4.
Battle of Hastings took advantage of a gaping hole along the inside to gain the lead and then held off an unlucky Straight Story for a head victory in the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) June 20 in Virginia.
British-bred Battle of Hastings scorched his competition in Santa Anita's $100,000 La Puente Stakes on April 11 when he rallied for a 1 1/2-length victory over Smokey Lonesome.
Battle of Hastings, an English-bred import making his second North American start for trainer Jeff Mullins, overhauled favored Flashmans Papers inside the final furlong en route to a 7-1 surprise in the $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita hillside turf course March 1.
Teleprompter, the English invader who won the 1985 Arlington Million (gr. IT) and was a group II winner in his native land, has been euthanized at age 23.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud