Declan McDonogh drove Maarek between horses and nailed Catcall on the wire to win the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
Battle of Hastings ended a 10-race drought when he found clear sailing on the outside through the stretch to win the $111,200 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a firm Churchill Downs turf course Nov. 4.
Battle of Hastings took advantage of a gaping hole along the inside to gain the lead and then held off an unlucky Straight Story for a head victory in the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) June 20 in Virginia.
British-bred Battle of Hastings scorched his competition in Santa Anita's $100,000 La Puente Stakes on April 11 when he rallied for a 1 1/2-length victory over Smokey Lonesome.
Battle of Hastings, an English-bred import making his second North American start for trainer Jeff Mullins, overhauled favored Flashmans Papers inside the final furlong en route to a 7-1 surprise in the $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita hillside turf course March 1.
Teleprompter, the English invader who won the 1985 Arlington Million (gr. IT) and was a group II winner in his native land, has been euthanized at age 23.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability