Steve Haskin revisits the story of how Tiznow helped inspire a dynasty. read blog
Gypsy Robin was an impressive wire-to-wire winner of the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run Oct. 20, blitzing to the lead at Keeneland and never looking back as she easily overpowered 13 sophomore fillies by four lengths.
- By Steve Haskin
How Tiznow helped inspire a dynasty. read blog
Yes, there are ties to Thoroughbred racing in this year's Super Bowl. The Philly Frenzy that began last spring with Smarty Jones has now carried over to professional football, as Philadelphia once again has reason to celebrate. And who can forget that it was Tiznow who was the impetus for what has become football's next potential dynasty--the New England Patriots.
So, what was it, you ask, that turned around the New England Patriots' season, which began at 1-3? It was none other than Tiznow's courageous victory in the Breeders' Cup Classic that served as an inspiration to the National Football League team.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday