The 2014 meet at Suffolk Downs will be extended through Sept. 29 but the number of live racing days will decrease, according to a new agreement reached between track management and the New England HBPA.
Suffolk Downs announced its intention to conduct a live race meet in 2011, but wants simulcasting signals restored in a dispute with New England horsemen's group
While the New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors held a closed door meeting the night of Feb. 8, others were feeling the fallout from the ongoing and bitter dispute with Suffolk Downs.
The New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association says its decision to block simulcasts of the New York Racing Association to Suffolk Downs is due primarily to a dispute over revenues.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2