The 2014 meet at Suffolk Downs will be extended through Sept. 29 but the number of live racing days will decrease, according to a new agreement reached between track management and the New England HBPA.
Suffolk Downs announced its intention to conduct a live race meet in 2011, but wants simulcasting signals restored in a dispute with New England horsemen's group
While the New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors held a closed door meeting the night of Feb. 8, others were feeling the fallout from the ongoing and bitter dispute with Suffolk Downs.
The New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association says its decision to block simulcasts of the New York Racing Association to Suffolk Downs is due primarily to a dispute over revenues.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Smile for Daddy
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Let the Breeders' Cup Handicapping Begin!