The 2014 meet at Suffolk Downs will be extended through Sept. 29 but the number of live racing days will decrease, according to a new agreement reached between track management and the New England HBPA.
Suffolk Downs announced its intention to conduct a live race meet in 2011, but wants simulcasting signals restored in a dispute with New England horsemen's group
While the New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors held a closed door meeting the night of Feb. 8, others were feeling the fallout from the ongoing and bitter dispute with Suffolk Downs.
The New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association says its decision to block simulcasts of the New York Racing Association to Suffolk Downs is due primarily to a dispute over revenues.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- G. G. Ryder Makes Grade in San Francisco Mile