Cost of Freedom, attempting to become the first two-time winner of Oak Tree's $250,000 Ancient Title Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 9, faces a field that includes 2009 Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Dancing in Silks.
Smiling Tiger, who ran away from the field in the Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) four weeks ago and was never caught, will try to to do it again in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 28.
Shipping to the West Coast from Belmont Park for the Godolphin Racing team, Gayego is the one to beat in his 2010 North American debut in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) July 10 at Hollywood Park.
Meteore was in last place coming off the far turn with seemingly nowhere to go. But once jockey Alex Solis found room with a sweeping four-wide move it was clear sailing from there, as the son of Pulpit picked up all eight of his rivals en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 15 on the Del Mar turf course.
Glen Hill Farm's Florida homebred I'll Show Them puts his two-race undefeated record on the line Aug. 15 as he steps up to stakes company in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds on Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Pioneerof the Nile, heading into the $200,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 14 as the West Coast's top Triple Crown contender, takes on an ambitious group of six up-and-coming colts at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format