No decision has been made on whether Mafaaz will be pointed toward the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
A fast time wasn't what trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. was looking for with Big Brown when the colt breezed on the grass at Aqueduct Sept. 9.
Dual classic winner Big Brown returned to the track July 2 for his first 'breeze' since being pulled up in the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Big Brown hit the Belmont Park track early June 5 with a morning jog around the sloppy and sealed main track about 5:45 EDT. With Michelle Nevin aboard, the colt traveled through the paddock, out of the tunnel, and onto the main track.
Heavy Preakness (gr. I) favorite Big Brown worked two furlongs at Pimlico early this morning as he prepares to meet 11 opponents in the second jewel of racing's Triple Crown.
Timber Country and Bubble Gum Fellow had minimal impact in Australia, but the Shadai Farms-controlled pair had success March 12 on both sides of the Tasman Sea.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium