Dubawi Heights, a two-time grade I winner this year for 28-year-old trainer Simon Callaghan, has impressed horsemen in her morning exercise leading up to the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT).
Favored Dubawi Heights gave jockey Joel Rosario his third grade I victory of the day at Santa Anita when she posted an impressive win in the $250,000 Yellow Ribbon Presented by Emirates Airline Stakes (gr. IT).
Dubawi Heights, stepping into grade I company for the first time for trainer Simon Callaghan, collared pacesetter Celtic Princess just strides from the wire to win the $250,000 Gamely Stakes at Hollywood Park.
British import Dubawi Heights swept past the leaders in the stretch to post her first stakes victory impressively for trainer Simon Callaghan in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
The likely favorite for the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) caught Demi O'Byrne's eye in the barn of another trainer. And that's just fine with the man who sold most of Excellent Art.
Tattersalls' new one-day October Yearling Sale (Part 3) grossed 836,000 guineas Friday with 124 lots sold at an average price of 6,741gns. The median was 5,000gns.
Freshman Shadwell Stud stallion Sakhee dominated Thursday's trading at the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Part 2) in England, supplying the two top-priced lots.
Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale posted new records last night with the 6.33 million guineas turnover beating last year's best by 4%, while the average was up 9% and the median rose by 13%.
Irish bred Vespone made all the running and comfortably held off the late charge of Magistretti to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) for 3-year-olds at Longchamp Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks