Joseph Allen's Roar Emotion should have few excuses in Saturday's $100,000 Ladies Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/4 miles when she faces seven opponents. The 4-year-old filly exits tougher races and appears to possess a clear speed advantage.
A filly whose victories have all come when she is on or near the lead, Madcapt Stable's Capeside Lady faces a difficult task in the $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct Park, when she'll have serious pace rivals to deal with.
It was a family affair at Saratoga on Friday when Storm Flag Flying wore down 3-5 favorite Azeri to win the Personal Ensign Handicap (gr. I) by more than a length.
Michael Paulson's Azeri, a three-time champion who became North America's all-time richest female in winning the Aug. 1 Go for Wand Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga, was assigned top weight of 122 pounds in Friday's $400,000 Personal Ensign Handicap (gr. I).
Ogden Mills Phipps' Storm Flag Flying breezed six furlongs in 1:13 4/5 over the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Saturday morning as the 2-year-old filly champion of 2002 prepped for Friday's grade I, $400,000 Personal Ensign at 1 1/4 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage