Strong favorite Audacious Chloe led the field every step of the way to win the $115,700 Appalachian Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Keeneland turf course Sunday, handing the dominating duo of trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey John Velazquez one more stakes victory.
Audacious Chloe handed Dreaming of Anna her first defeat on the turf Sunday in the $76,500 Gaily Gaily Stakes, outfighting the champion 2-year-old filly of 2006 over the final furlong by a half-length at Gulfstream Park.
Audrey Haisfield (NeverTell Farm) and John Sikura (Hill 'n' Dale Farm) announced today that NeverTell stallions Medaglia d'Oro, Doneraile Court, and Marquetry are being relocated to Haisfield's Stonewall Farm near Midway, Ky., where they will stand the 2006 breeding season. The three stallions are expected to move prior to the Keeneland November Sale.
Cat Fighter, winner of the La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita on Feb. 14, was purchased by John Sikura for $1.3-million to top the dispersal of horses of racing age owned by The Thoroughbred Corp. that preceded the Barretts March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training Tuesday in Pomona, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House