Strong favorite Audacious Chloe led the field every step of the way to win the $115,700 Appalachian Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Keeneland turf course Sunday, handing the dominating duo of trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey John Velazquez one more stakes victory.
Audacious Chloe handed Dreaming of Anna her first defeat on the turf Sunday in the $76,500 Gaily Gaily Stakes, outfighting the champion 2-year-old filly of 2006 over the final furlong by a half-length at Gulfstream Park.
Audrey Haisfield (NeverTell Farm) and John Sikura (Hill 'n' Dale Farm) announced today that NeverTell stallions Medaglia d'Oro, Doneraile Court, and Marquetry are being relocated to Haisfield's Stonewall Farm near Midway, Ky., where they will stand the 2006 breeding season. The three stallions are expected to move prior to the Keeneland November Sale.
Cat Fighter, winner of the La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita on Feb. 14, was purchased by John Sikura for $1.3-million to top the dispersal of horses of racing age owned by The Thoroughbred Corp. that preceded the Barretts March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training Tuesday in Pomona, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer