After Market is set to take his place in the lineup for the Oct. 27 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) despite some concerns from trainer John Shirreffs about the condition of the turf course.
After Market, a California shipper, will try his hand on an East Coast turf course when he competes in the Oct. 27 NetJet Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park.
In a surprise announcement on Sept. 24, it was reported that Rock of Gibraltar, who has won a record seven consecutive group I wins, may not go in Saturday's Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot, and head straight for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
The announcement earlier this week that NetJet will sponsor the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) wasn't the biggest news concerning the World Thoroughbred Championship's grass event. Rock of Gibraltar's emphatic victory in the NetJet Prix du Moulin de Longchamp in France on Sept. 8 kept the European superstar right on target for a trip to Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- HRRN Plans Coverage of Florida Derby, Louisiana Derby
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work