Four-year-old filly New Economy and local jockey Rosemary Homeister, Jr. teamed up at Calder to take the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) at 12 furlongs on the turf Saturday, part of the Grand Slam II program.
Millionaire Tout Charmant, who was returned to training this year after coming up barren to Storm Cat, has been retired
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Gary A. Tanaka's Golden Apples, with Patrick Valenzuela riding, steered clear of trouble on the outside and went on to tally a one-length victory over Voodoo Dancer in the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon (gr. IT) at Santa Anita's Oak Tree Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule