Four-year-old filly New Economy and local jockey Rosemary Homeister, Jr. teamed up at Calder to take the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) at 12 furlongs on the turf Saturday, part of the Grand Slam II program.
Millionaire Tout Charmant, who was returned to training this year after coming up barren to Storm Cat, has been retired
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Gary A. Tanaka's Golden Apples, with Patrick Valenzuela riding, steered clear of trouble on the outside and went on to tally a one-length victory over Voodoo Dancer in the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon (gr. IT) at Santa Anita's Oak Tree Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Tapits Dominate Fasig-Tipton Pinhook Prospects
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies