After hitting the board but missing out on victory in her last 10 graded stakes tries, Watsdachances broke through in the $150,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hot Cha Cha used a ground-saving trip under James Graham and outdueled three rivals along the hedge in the final furlong to win the Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by three-quarters of a length June 5 at Churchill.
Hot Cha Cha found room along the inside turning for home and pulled away in the stretch under James Graham for an 8-1 upset in the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 17 at Keeneland.
Nelson McMakin's homebred Hot Cha Cha angled four-wide for her stretch run and caught 2-1 favorite Romacaca inside the sixteenth pole to post a 1 1/4-length victory under James Graham in the $200,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 on the Arlington Park turf course.
Hot Cha Cha, a 9-1 outsider making her stakes debut, seized the lead from favored Fitz Just Right leaving the eighth pole and drew away to a romping six-length win in the $150,000 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) at Turfway Park March 21.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Woodbine Plans Events to Send Off Loiselle
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming