Hot Cha Cha used a ground-saving trip under James Graham and outdueled three rivals along the hedge in the final furlong to win the Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by three-quarters of a length June 5 at Churchill.
Hot Cha Cha found room along the inside turning for home and pulled away in the stretch under James Graham for an 8-1 upset in the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) Oct. 17 at Keeneland.
Nelson McMakin's homebred Hot Cha Cha angled four-wide for her stretch run and caught 2-1 favorite Romacaca inside the sixteenth pole to post a 1 1/4-length victory under James Graham in the $200,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 on the Arlington Park turf course.
Hot Cha Cha, a 9-1 outsider making her stakes debut, seized the lead from favored Fitz Just Right leaving the eighth pole and drew away to a romping six-length win in the $150,000 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) at Turfway Park March 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races