Jockey Stewart Elliott suffered a fractured rib when kicked by a horse Aug. 11 in the Del Mar stable area and is expected to be out for up to two weeks. The tentative return target is Aug. 24, Pacific Classic day.
Jockey Stewart Elliott, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Smarty Jones, is moving his tack to Kentucky, he confirmed March 19.
Since returning to the saddle last fall after a lengthy absence, jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. has had his ups and downs while riding on the Kentucky circuit.
Jockey Nelson Arroyo was sent to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis after sustaining injuries when his mount, Cause and Effect, broke down in the stretch of Indiana Downs' eighth race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA