Jockey Stewart Elliott suffered a fractured rib when kicked by a horse Aug. 11 in the Del Mar stable area and is expected to be out for up to two weeks. The tentative return target is Aug. 24, Pacific Classic day.
Jockey Stewart Elliott, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Smarty Jones, is moving his tack to Kentucky, he confirmed March 19.
Since returning to the saddle last fall after a lengthy absence, jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. has had his ups and downs while riding on the Kentucky circuit.
Jockey Nelson Arroyo was sent to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis after sustaining injuries when his mount, Cause and Effect, broke down in the stretch of Indiana Downs' eighth race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff