Jockey Stewart Elliott suffered a fractured rib when kicked by a horse Aug. 11 in the Del Mar stable area and is expected to be out for up to two weeks. The tentative return target is Aug. 24, Pacific Classic day.
Jockey Stewart Elliott, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Smarty Jones, is moving his tack to Kentucky, he confirmed March 19.
Since returning to the saddle last fall after a lengthy absence, jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. has had his ups and downs while riding on the Kentucky circuit.
Jockey Nelson Arroyo was sent to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis after sustaining injuries when his mount, Cause and Effect, broke down in the stretch of Indiana Downs' eighth race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis