Jockey Stewart Elliott suffered a fractured rib when kicked by a horse Aug. 11 in the Del Mar stable area and is expected to be out for up to two weeks. The tentative return target is Aug. 24, Pacific Classic day.
Jockey Stewart Elliott, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Smarty Jones, is moving his tack to Kentucky, he confirmed March 19.
Since returning to the saddle last fall after a lengthy absence, jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. has had his ups and downs while riding on the Kentucky circuit.
Jockey Nelson Arroyo was sent to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis after sustaining injuries when his mount, Cause and Effect, broke down in the stretch of Indiana Downs' eighth race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding